The Lone Ranger on Television - Live Action
The Lone Ranger first appeared on television in 1949. He has appeared in live action, animation, and several television movies. This page details the live action series. The animated series are listed on their own page, and the television movies are included on the movies page.
The Lone Ranger
- September 15, 1949 - June 6, 1957
- Five seasons with 221 episodes
- 30 minute airtime
- Lone Ranger - Clayton Moore (Seasons 1-2, 4-5; 169 episodes)
- Lone Ranger - John Hart (Season 3; 52 episodes)
- Tonto - Jay Silverheels (Seasons 1-5; 217 episodes)
- Dan Reid - Chuck Courtney (Seasons 1, 3-4; 14 episodes)
- The first three episodes told the origin of The Lone Ranger. These episodes would later be edited into "The Legend of The Lone Ranger" (1952) and "The Lone Ranger Story" (1955).
- Season 5 was filmed in color.
- The season 5 episodes would later be edited into 13 90-minute episodes/movies and be made available as "The Adventures of The Lone Ranger".
The Adventures of the Lone Ranger, also known as “Lone Ranger Theater”
- This series appears in television listings as early as 1973.
- 13 episodes created from editing together the 39 season 5 color episodes of the 1949 series.
- 90 minute airtime
- Lone Ranger - Clayton Moore
- Tonto - Jay Silverheels
- Some of these episodes were made available on home video.
- Episodes were possibly released theatrically overseas.